Saturday, December 15, 2007

And now for something completely floral . . .

It snowed here the day before yesterday, about nine inches, and we dutifully pulled on our boots and winter woolies to trudge down to see Nina & Rudy, our next door neighbors, who were leaving first thing yesterday to drive to Bozeman, Montana for their annual skiing sojourn. That's the local harbinger of winter here -- they leave mid-December, and return in early April. They will be missed!

Yesterday, I used the tractor and its snowblower attachment to clear the driveway in front of the barn, and the driveway in front of the house, of Thursday's snow. Tomorrow, I'll use it again to keep ahead of the snow that is due to fall tonight and tomorrow. And I'm sure I'll be using it on Monday to clear the rest of tomorrow's snow.

Meanwhile, in other news, I went for an ultrasound yesterday. I did mention, very briefly, that there's something wrong with my GI tract. Well, we're working on getting a diagnosis. Nothing too unpleasant, and I'm feeling fine now, but it's been a busy couple of weeks.

So between the weather and medical issues, I thought it would be nice to look at some flowers. These photos were taken by Starman last summer, when our daylilies were in bloom. We do have other colors than this salmon pink and that yellow, but these were the ones that posed for us, so to speak.

I hope it's nice where you are. But if it's not, here's something to cheer you up. I present these in honor of Hub 1.0, who likes getting and using in his office the calendar sent by our New Zealand cousins, which shows pretty summer flowers in January and December, and snow-covered mountains and skiing in July and August.

I think someplace I've got photos of lilacs (my favorite flower), so if this winter drags on, I'll use those next...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, lilacs please! My favorite flower also!

    Your daylilies are beautiful also. And I hope your GI thing is minor!

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete